Knitting Associate I
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Reports to: Knitting Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY The primary responsibility of the Knitting Associate I is to perform duties and responsibilities as assigned by department supervisor and associated with monitoring knitting machines and equipment in the production of gloves and sleeves. Associate will be cross trained to work safely in various areas of the knitting department to expand knowledge of the knitting floor. Assignments will be given based on business and operational needs.
• Clip excess strings or materials from gloves as needed.
• Measure Gloves at required specified times and as situations dictate.
• Monitor lights and machines to ensure continuous operation.
• Notify supervisor or mechanic of any malfunctions.
• Inspect and monitor gloves for defects and flag machines if needed
• Load assigned machine with correct material as required.
• Thread machines and tie-on yarn.
• Basic knowledge and proficiency of the Lynq production tracking system
• Operate machines in a safe and efficient manner
• Maintain both a safe and clean work area.
• Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
• 0 to 3 months minimum in manufacturing environment
• Ability to understand basic math, add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
• Ability to walk up to 10 hours a day plus overtime including Fridays
• Ability to work in multi-temperature environments, hot or cool.
Ability to lift to 50 lbs. throughout the entire shift from floor to over-head.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills with attention to detail
The knitting positions are 4-10 hour days Monday through Thursday. 1st shift 5am-3pm 2nd shift 3pm-1am.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• 1 to 3 months or related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
• High School Diploma of GED (Preferred)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs
• Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Must be in good physical condition and have good motor skills.
• Must have good hand/eye coordination.
The knitting positions are 4-10 hour days Monday through Thursday. 1st shift 5am-3pm 2nd shift 3pm-1am